Barker Ross is currently recruiting a Planning Manager for a well established, expanding UK food manufacturer with a diverse product portfolio. Due to a period of sustained growth & expansion, they are now in search of a high-calibre candidate to join the supply chain team based at their Northampton site.
The Planning Manager will report into the Operations Manager responsibility for Planning and Scheduling of finished goods along with raw materials. The Planning Manager will build a strong working relationship with the Customer Service and Supply Chain teams along with site warehousing in order to control the smooth and cost effective movement of materials and finished product from suppliers through to the customer.
- To ensure that daily and weekly plans are determined and issued in a timely manner
- Conduct monthly capability reviews with the department heads, handshaking the assumptions that form the basis of the RCCP and daily plans (Planned engineering interventions, PPM's, labour, run rates etc.)
- Responsible for generating daily / weekly labour plans that optimise efficiency, minimise cost and satisfy customer demand, making sure all plans are agreed with shift managers.
- On-going management of finished goods stocks that targets zero write-off; where risks occur, dealing with all the relevant key stakeholders to minimise waste.
- Monitoring raw material and finished goods at risk, sourcing potential solutions to minimise stock write off in line with budgeted targets.
- Closely working with the Operations and Customer Service Manager to ensure accurate forecasts are received and challenged where appropriate, working collaboratively to hone the forecast to an agreed accuracy making sure site systems are updated accordingly.
- Promote a strong customer service ethos within the company, trying to exceed customer expectations.
This is a fantastic opportunity within a high quality food manufacturing business, offering a progressive role with opportunity to work with major blue chip retailers. This is a perfect time to join the business and develop your career.
If this is of interest to you, then please apply now!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.