We are looking for passionate and genuine individuals to help us fulfil the work that we are receiving from our client base. We are looking for suitable Residential Support Work staff with experience in youth work, probation work and education who can work in semi independent residential homes in Stockport. The client is called Rite Directions Young People's Services and they offer 24 hour services for young people between 16-18 years old. Candidates that are on the DBS update service will be fast tracked through the registration process. We cannot guarantee hours of work but are looking for candidates who can be flexible and sometimes be available at short notice.
- Caring for young adults ages between 18 and 21 who have experience physical and emotional trauma, abuse and neglect;
- Assessing each resident's needs and progress;
- Creating a safe and positive living environment;
- Setting boundaries for young people's behaviour;
- Providing leisure and creative opportunities;
- Keeping records and writing reports;
- Liaising with residents' families;
- Assisting other health and care professionals.
Pay rate - £8.00 per hour, £26.00 for a sleep in.
- Ongoing Training & Support delivered through our training partners
- Friendly Team of Consultants who work on your behalf to find you the right role - we work with you to find you the job that is RIGHT for you!
- Flexible Working - Days | Nights| Lates | Weekends | Weekdays
- Access to our e-suite for time sheeting and payslips
- a caring and supportive attitude;
- good communication skills;
- the ability to relate to people from a wide range of backgrounds;
- patience, discretion and a high level of professionalism;
- mediation and negotiation skills;
- emergency response skills;
- ability to prioritise situations;
- flexible to work any shift patters;
- relevant experience in caring for young adults with physical and emotional issues, desirable experience in probation work;
- relevant health and social care qualifications such as BTEC National Certificate, Diploma in Health and Social Care, NVQ L2 or L3 in Health and Social Care;
- enhanced and cleared DBS.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.