Job summary introduction
We are looking for passionate and genuine individuals to help us fulfil the work that we are receiving from our client base. Candidates that are on the DBS update service will be fast tracked through the registration process. We cannot guarantee hours of work but are looking for candidates who can be flexible and sometimes be available at short notice.
Detailed job description
- Caring for children with physical, emotional and behavioural issues ages between 11 and 17;
- Assessing each resident's needs and progress;
- Providing physical and personal care;
- Creating a safe and positive living environment;
- Setting boundaries for young people's behaviour;
- Providing leisure and creative opportunities;
- Keeping records and writing reports;
- Liaising with residents' families;
- Assisting other health and care professionals.
Salary - £7.50 per hour flat rate.
- Ongoing Training & Support delivered through our training partners
- Friendly Team of Consultants who work on your behalf to find you the right role - we work with you to find you the job that is RIGHT for you!
- Flexible Working - Days | Nights| Lates | Weekends | Weekdays
- Excellent Rates of Pay - enhancements sometimes apply depending on the work
- Access to our e-suite for time sheeting and payslips
- a caring and supportive attitude;
- good communication skills;
- the ability to relate to people from a wide range of backgrounds;
- patience, discretion and a high level of professionalism;
- mediation and negotiation skills;
- emergency response skills;
- ability to prioritise situations;
- flexible to work any shift patters;
- relevant experience in caring for children with mental health and learning disabilities;
- relevant health and social care qualifications such as BTEC National Certificate, Diploma in Health and Social Care, NVQ L2 or L3 in Health and Social Care;
- enhanced and cleared DBS.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.