Job summary introduction
We are looking for passionate and genuine individuals to help us fulfil a 45 hour a week contract with our client. We are looking for suitable Residential Support Work staff with experience in working with vulnerable adults in Supported Living environment working alternated shift patters on a three week rolling basis. The successful candidate will be place in a supported living facility within the Leeds area.
Candidates that are on the DBS update service will be fast tracked through the registration process.
Detailed job description
- Proven experience in learning disability support work;
- Must be able to demonstrate consistency and compliance with agreed support/care plan, policies and procedures;
- Creating and completing support plans, needs assessments, risk assessments;
- Medication handling and administration;
- Experience in basic budgeting for the home and the householders;
- Assessing each resident's needs and progress;
- Creating a safe and positive living environment;
- Setting boundaries for people's behaviour;
- Providing leisure and creative opportunities;
- Liaising with residents' families;
- Assisting other health and care professionals;
- Computer literate.
- NVQ level 2 or 3, or the willingness of working towards one;
- Full driving licence with access to own vehicle.
- Pay rate - £20,498 per year for a 45 hour a week post.
- The staff are paid by the hour under a working pattern of 2 sleeps each week and 3 sleeps once a month.
- 6 weeks paid holiday per year triple time on bank holidays.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.