Our client based in Leeds is currently seeking an experienced Commercial, Trading & Disputes Paralegal to join their team as soon as possible.
The role will be a temporary on going opportunity for up to 9 months with the potential to turn permanent sooner for the right candidate.
The hours of work are 9:00am - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday with 1 hour for lunch and is paying £12.50 per hour (£24,375 per annum equivalent).
We are looking for someone who has a law degree or equivalent, an interest in retail, experience of carrying out legal support work, commercial awareness and experience of using a range of IT packages to a high standard including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
Duties of the role will include:-
- Assisting with commercial queries and providing practical advice to the business
- Liaising with teams in the business and the external legal advisers to manage trademark portfolio
- Reviewing new product designs and assisting with the investigation of potential disputes
- Dealing with all commercial small claims including seeking instructions, drafting defences, preparing witness statements and compiling instructions to counsel
- Conducting settlement negotiations and engaging in small claims mediation
- Drafting and negotiating settlement agreements
- Assisting with legal advice on customer and colleague queries
- Advising the business on the legal implications of trading matters
Please apply in the first instance or call the Lincoln Office today on 01522 551910 for more information!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.