Our client is a residential special school for children with learning difficulties and challenging behaviour based in Swinderby, Lincolnshire and they are currently seeking a Painter and Decorator to join their team on a full time basis.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday which will be recruited on a 12 week temporary to permanent basis.
The main duty of the role is to assist with the maintenance and development of the company's residential care home and school building by working as part of a facilities team to provide high quality service to the business.
Additional duties will include:-
- Supporting the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Senior Maintenance Operative in ensuring the company's properties are a well kept, safe and aesthetically pleasing environment to be enjoyed by the pupils, residents, staff and visitors
- Undertaking internal and external decoration and minor repair works to the fabric of the buildings and any other necessary items
- After appropriate training, use chemical based materials necessary for pre-painting preparations etc. in accordance with COSHH and Health and Safety guidelines
- Use appropriate power tools in addition to using the usual range of basic decorating tools and equipment provided by the company in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines and company policies and procedures
- Use both brush and roller applications when applying surface coatings
- Complete as required, any paperwork ensuring that it accurate and fully complete
In order to be considered for the role it is essential that you have previous painting and decorating experience within a residential environment.
It is also essential that candidates have their own transport in order to reach the location of this remote site.
As part of the application process all candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Please send your CV in the first instance or call the Lincoln Office today on 01522 551910 for further information.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.