My client is an award winning food manufacturer based in Manchester supplying a large range of world foods in innovative and attractive packaging. They are looking for a packaging technologist to support the process development manager across all sites, for packaging related projects.
My client is a speciality manufacturer of ethnic foods, supplying into restaurants and take-aways. Their products include noodles, spices, oils and coconut based oils etc. Packaging includes film, laminate, microwavable pouches, corrugate and hessian sacks. They have recently had heavy investment in new lines and machinery for packaging related products. This role has come up due to the sustained period of growth and need for additional support.
- Provide support on all packaging related matters
- Compliance to all internal procedures
- Assist in evaluating all packaging suppliers
- Material spec writing/checking and approving.
- Supporting on the artwork co-ordination, including assisting the artwork co-ordinator in all aspects of running and managing the process
- Working cross-functionally with the marketing team, graphic designers and printers to ensure all work is processed to meet timelines and projects.
- Experienced within the several formats of packaging including laminate films and corrugate.
- Understanding the printing processes
- FMCG Background
- IT Skills
- Able to manage multiple projects
- Full Driving Licence
- Ideally educated within packaging technology or related technical experience through packaging work.
In return, my client will offer you a great package for the right packaging technologist. The company is part of a wider group that will offer you copious amounts of progression and support. They have a 10% matched pension contribution and a good salary for the right candidate. This is the perfect opportunity for a driven packaging technologist to make a step up in their current packaging journey.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.