Our client provides support to clients aged 18-65years old with complex needs. They provide a varied outreach service whcih involves supporting clinets wihtint a variety of settings.
Position Available: Outreach Support Workers - Learning Disabilities and Mental Health, x10 positions available, Somerset and Bristol flexible hours per week part time or full time, £8.50-11.25 per hours
As a Outreach Support Worker you will need to possess a caring and flexible nature. You will be required to provide support and assistance to a wide variety of service users with a range of differing learning & physical disabilities in various different settings.
As a Support Worker you must have the following qualities, skills & knowledge
You will be expected to be part of a team and will carry out any reasonable duty required of you whilst on assignment. Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- To support service users in the taking of decisions in matters which affect their lifestyle.
- To undertake activities as are detailed in individual care plan and/or timetables. Plus ensuring that all paperwork relating to these tasks is completed on time and to a suitability sufficient standard.
- To promote relationships which enable each service user to participate in the life of the local community to the best of their ability.
- To ensure the provision of healthcare arrangements this includes the recording and administration of prescribed medications.
- Encourage and support service users to live as fully and independently as possible within the local community, providing information, emotional, organisational and practical support and training as appropriate.
- Contribute to the protection of service users from abuse, follow policies and procedures and comply with external professional guidance i.e. CQC
- Advocate for service users where appropriate.
- Apply anti-discriminatory practices at all times.
- Ensure service users understand their contracts, their rights and obligations.
- To assist service users who need help with personal tasks such as dressing, undressing, bathing, feeding and using the toilet where necessary.
- Liaise, consult with and actively support service users, encouraging participation in decision making processes.
- Support service users to deal appropriately with their housemates and/or neighbors.
- To undertake other such duties as are within the scope of the spirit of the job purpose, the title of the post and it's grading.
- To always promote and uphold the ethos and best practice
Staff and team work
- Work within a team, supporting colleagues and attending all necessary meetings, recording and sharing information appropriately and confidentially.
- Keep up to date with issues relevant to housing & support, welfare benefits, care home standards as specified by CQC and other relevant legislation.
- To undertake all core training required for this post and other training and professional development activities as required.
- Undertake other delegated tasks that fall within your capabilities.
- Experience of supporting clients with learning disabilities, Autism or mental health
- Work well within a team and on your own initiative.
- Common sense.
- Flexibility & Reliability.
- Respect for service user's dignity and independence.
- Understanding that service users have different & individual needs.
- Able to adhere to the policies & procedures of different organisations when on assignment
- Maintain a professional and confidential approach at all times.
- Have an understanding of the Health & Social Care Act 2008 and the Fundamental Standards of Quality and Safety.
- Have an understanding of the latest best practice when working with vulnerable adults.
Please send cvs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.