We are recruiting for a specialist parcel distribution company, which offers market-leading expertise in a range of industries.
This role is for an Operations Manager a full time permanent basis, with the position to be based at their site in Slough.
You will report directly to the Depot General Manager ensuring that all resources are employed effectively and as efficiently as possible to provide the maximum profitability and levels of service within the depot.
You will demonstrate good people management skills as well as a track record of success in a leadership position within a fast paced environment. You will offer a demonstrable background of success in meeting and exceeding targets and delivering an outstanding client experience whilst possessing practical knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety regulations.
The successful candidate will be computer literate and be comfortable in the use of technology and IT systems, including knowledge of MS Office.
You will have people management and leadership experience including previous success with managing teams and be comfortable, willing and able to lead by example and also adopt a practical hands-on approach when required.
In this interesting and challenging role you will be responsible for:
- Conducting induction of all new employees to include relevant operational and health & safety procedures.
- Dealing with any customer complaints.
- Organising, controlling and monitoring all time worked within the operational activity of the depot, keeping to the objectives as set by the General Manager.
- Ensuring that the fuel dispensing systems are operational and accurate records are kept of fuel received and drawn at the depot.
- Organising, checking and keeping up to date driver records including tachographs and vehicle defects, in particular personally supervising driver licence checks at the prescribed intervals for all personnel.
Salary for this opportunity is £27k-£30k, working Monday to Friday, with some flexibility requirements at the needs of the business. The package also includes a pension with a 3% company contribution.
This is a great opportunity to put your stamp on this position, make a name for yourself within the business and to be recognised as an integral part of business developments. This is a chance to develop a serious career with a forward thinking organisation.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.