Barker Ross has teamed up with Berkeley Modular LTD part of the Berkeley Group to exclusively recruit for their new Modular Offsite Construction Factory in Ebbsfleet, Kent.
They are currently on the look out for an Operations Manager to join the new venture
Role: Operations Manager
Reporting To: Operations Director
Business Unit Location: Crete Hall Road, Northfleet Embankment, Ebbsfleet, Kent
Package: £60,000 - 70,000 per annum
Personal Health Insurance
Annual Incentive Scheme - Management
25 Days Holiday + Stats
This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business within the Berkeley Group at an early stage of the project. This strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric modules on behalf of Berkeley Group which are specifically designed and engineered for the residential housing sector to help create high performing, high quality and comfortable homes for people to enjoy living in.
As Operations Manager you will initially be responsible for helping create a 150,000 sq. ft. green field advanced manufacturing facility and define the core operational processes within. These core operational processes will include production and production planning, and will need to be closely integrated with supply chain, materials management, factory logistics and HSEQ processes. The initial work will cover setting up new systems of work for production, helping plan and project manage OEM's to install advanced production technologies into the new manufacturing facility and eventually help to build and recruit the broader Berkeley Modular team.
Once the factory is established, the focus will switch to ensure day-to-day that production is delivering to the required output levels, so that product delivers to the Berkeley Group standard. As such, the Operations Manager will be responsible for a significant amount of resource so whilst labour productivity and manufactured product quality are key, it is imperative to ensure a safe working environment for the workforce, It will be essential to work very closely with other stakeholders from across the business covering the technical, engineering, projects, finance and site logistics disciplines to understand challenges that are faced and help develop and evolve robust solutions.
Initial Duties to Go-Live:
- Help to map and specify all supporting business digital information flows for the introduction of an advanced Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Help to map and specify all factory digital information flows for the introduction of an advanced Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Help to design and implement a Quality Management System to help secure ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 18001 and support assurance/ warranty scheme programmes
- Help to design and implement HSEQ processes to support production operations
- Help to map and define the core production processes and develop a set of relevant key performance indicators
- Assist the Engineering team in the creation of Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments to support safe and efficient production operations
- Help to create and deliver advanced training packages in conjunction with OEMs and third party agencies for the new production team
- Play an active role in the role definition, recruitment and on-boarding of the new production team
- Help to develop and map an apprenticeship development programme
- Play an active role in the manufacturing facility commissioning process, including programme of sample production / prototyping
Skills and Qualifications:
- Preferably degree educated in a relevant discipline
- Preferably qualified to diploma level in Management and Leadership
- Minimum 10 years of management experience within complex manufacturing environments
- Advanced understanding of ERP and implementation experience advantageous
- Advanced understanding of MES and implementation experience advantageous
- Detailed knowledge of ISO accreditation requirements
- Strong exposure to the development of cross-functional processes within a complex environment ideally within a green field factory build
- Experience within an offsite, automotive, steel fabrication or similar background
- Qualification in Lean Manufacturing; Theory of Constraints; and / or Six Sigma from a recognised, accredited training body
- Ability to inspire
- Ability to influence
- Strong work ethic
- Strong team ethic
- Ambition to achieve
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 07808628040 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.