An opportunity has arisen for a high calibre professional to join a global market leader in the logistics industry in the capacity of Operations Manager at their London Heathrow Airport site.
You will adhere to Global-SOP's, drive KPI improvements, develop production development opportunities and support all functions within the freight sort operation.
The nature of the company's business dictates that procedures and routings of material are constantly changing. It is the job holder's responsibility to ensure that these changes are implemented, monitored and the efficiency reported to Senior Management.
What we are looking for:
- Strong people management skills with a proven record in managing a large team of people within a logistics environment.
- Self motivated.
- Ability to develop a living and breathing Global SOP environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and across cultures.
- Ability to lead and motivate staff - create an Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) culture.
- The initiative and drive to promote and progress change in the organisation.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Excellent strategic, analytical and negotiation skills & the ability to plan, execute and complete a given task within a specified timeframe.
- Understanding of general air cargo operations, associated aircraft and Aviation legislative
Policies would give you an advantage.
- Degree level education is desirable but not essential.
Working hours: Tuesday to Saturday 4am to 1pm.
Salary: £33,364.60 per annum, bonus, pension and other excellent benefits.
For immediate consideration, send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.