I am looking to recruit an experienced Operations Manager to join my client who are a global FMCG manufacturing organisation. My client has a number of sites across Europe.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the management of the operational activities of Manufacturing and Maintenance.
The Operations Manager will lead and manage the manufacturing teams and its employees in achieving the goals and objectives in terms of productivity, safety, quality, service, financial goals and process consistency. Through effective management of manufacturing and support services, the Operations Manager balances meeting customer needs with optimizing operational effectiveness.
The role will hold responsibility for the site operations and be responsible for both internal and external projects, driving lean and process improvement initiatives and acting as the main point of contact for day to day issues.
To optimise production output for production through effective organisation, strong leadership, co-ordination and resource management. Striving for continual improvements in machine productivity and efficiency, waste reduction, product quality and customer service levels. Reporting directly to and work closely with the Plant Manager and be a key member of the Senior Management team, working at a strategic level to lead & drive continued significant change and growth at the Leiecster site.
- Manufacturing Operations leadership experience, preferably 7yrs+
- Ability to build high performing and collaborative teams
- Technical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate process improvement teams
- Demonstrated knowledge and leadership of operations, service, quality, environmental and safety systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to motivate people
- A proactive leader and team player with a drive to succeed
- A proven track record in a similar management role
- Able to demonstrate previous experience of driving continuous improvement projects through a working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma techniques such as SMED, 5S, Kaizen and TPM amongst others First class communication skills
- Able to work in a fast pace environment - FMCG preferred
- Strong commercial awareness and business acumen
- Computer literate, able to operate Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook/Email+
- Thorough understanding of a process-driven production environment.
- Proven experience working together with employee representatives and Unions
If you would like to make a real difference with a market leading global company, please forward your CV with a covering letter explaining why you wish to apply for this role to Nicole Cooling
Benefits: Competitive Salary, Pension, Healthcare, Bonus Plan, Car.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.