Operations Manager - London - Great opportunity with large FM contractor - £42,000 per annum - Permanent position
You will have a fantastic opportunity to work for a large contractor in the FM arm of the organisation, this work will be of a sensitive nature and will require you to complete a vetting process. You will have a great opportunity to work for a progressive and value driven organisation with the opportunity to further your career in FM.
- To drive a culture of high quality customer excellence inmcluding:
- Client focussed - resolving the client's problems and not just the individual task,
- Driving a 'fix it first time' culture
- To line manage a small team including Shift engineers, M&E and Buiding Fabric and subcontractors and cleaners in delivery of the above.
- To manage and develop relationships with the client and local stakeholders
- To ensure the Company Health & Safety policy is adhered to in line with the H&S Policy and requirements of the management system, including monitoring and review
- To ensure compliance with the Quality Management System, and implementing the procedures and instructions with particular attention to the areas of responsibility indicated in the document
- To successfully deliver and profitably manage additional and existing planned and reactive work streams
- Delivering contractual standards of works meeting all Health & Safety and compliance requirements.
- To assist with the development of the client offering.
- Co-ordinate direct and sub-contract labour for optimum performance and to meet contractual requirements and obligations
- To ensure recruitment, induction, employment, appraisal, development, training and work allocation of staff as well as making recommendations regarding promotion, remuneration and training requirements are made in accordance with company rules, procedures and instructions, with the support and advice from Senior Management and the Human Resources department
- To ensure a professional working relationship of all employees, agency workers and subcontractors is in line with legislation and best practice, with support and advice from the Human Resources department
- To represent Mitie at key client review meetings as necessary
- To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
- To understand and comply with policies and procedures
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
- To comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
- Nationally recognised technical qualification with documentary evidence of vocational training (i.e. NVQ 3 or Apprenticeship)
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Can demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality systems and the management of safe systems of work associated with the role and work environment.
- Able to represent effectively at both internal and external meetings
- Leads by example in all role activities
- Good Technical plant and system Knowledge.
- Good leadership and management skills,
- Good communications skills.
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Chris Richmond, Construction Business Manager at Barker Ross on 07824 016231.
We manage roles across Construction management, facilities management, public sector and maintenance services ranging from Construction management, maintenance trades roles, surveying, facilities management and housing management and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.