Operations Engineering Lead
To improve key Engineering KPI's and implement planned maintenance strategy for the site. To develop the engineering team accordingly through robust performance management and implementation of development plans for all staff within the team.
Role Key AccountabilitiesResponsible for ensuring day to day compliance with Food Safety, Health and Safety and legal and quality systems for all engineering staff.
- Maintenance Performed within or below annual budget parameters.
- Drive delivery of the site planned preventative maintenance programme and development and improvement against the engineering KPI's.
- Maintenance of buildings, office, production facility, stores & despatch.
- Up skilling of the engineering team through robust performance management and implementation of individual development plans to support the department vision.
- Responsible for ensuring that the engineering team carry out their work with due diligence and in compliance with Food Safety, Health and Safety and legal and quality systems.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Engineering Team carries out maintenance in line with the planned preventative maintenance schedule and rapid corrective action is taken when required and jobs are being logged with time and materials in the Company CMMS.
- Managing engineering sub-contractors in order to deliver the maintenance programme, repairs, installations and projects on schedule and within budget and to deal with any unscheduled and emergency maintenance situations. Ensure contractors are all properly vetted, have method statements and risk assessments for all activities carried out on site. Maintain the approved contractor register.
- Ensure that engineers understand the principles of operating in a food environment.
You will be required to be:
Self-motivated and well organised you will be educated to HND level in engineering/manufacturing engineering subject.
Experienced people manager able to provide leadership to our team of engineers.
Previous experience of maintenance and projects in a continuous process food/FMCG environment. Demonstrate a sound understanding of manufacturing processes.To find out more please apply or contact Kevin on 0115 941 6323
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.