Main job role:
Reporting to the Head of Innovation, you will assist the running of the development process from initial concept to production launch within expected timescales and price points.
Working cross-functionally you will liaise with commercial, marketing, operations, technical and also other NPD Teams within other sites.
- Develop concepts to meet agreed timings, maintaining specified BRC quality standards.
- Keep up to date with new food trends, market issues, packaging and process concepts to help with continuous innovation in product offers.
- Monitor product quality for new and existing products.
- Develop an awareness of comparative products from major retailers/competitors.
- Perform benchmarking trials.
- Source new ingredients where appropriate.
- Involvement with initial costings and specification photography.
- Attend development meetings, factory trials and product launches.
- Product research.
- Manage and maintain product development procedures files.
- Make up samples for meetings and presentations.
- Assist with hospitality for site visits.
- A flair and genuine interest for food and new product development.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good organisational, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Clean driving licence.
- Computer literate.
- Flexible approach to work and hours.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Willing to take ownership of projects and have a pro-active approach.
- Ability to multitask.
Please don't hesitate to get in contact with me to find out more on this exciting opportunity. Send your CV and a short cover letter likewise you can contact me on 01159 416 323 for more information
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.