My client is an expanding UK food manufacturer with a diverse product portfolio. Due to a period of sustained growth & expansion, they are now in search of a high-calibre candidate to join the supply chain team based at their Northamptonshire site.
The Buyer will source, negotiate, agree and manage contracts with suppliers, for selected raw materials and services. This would include the day to day management of these suppliers whilst ensuring all quality and standards are met and raw materials are sourced from technically approved suppliers.
- Responsible for the effective management and procurement of raw materials
- Provide the NPD team with clear, accurate and timely product costs that factor in MOQ's, Seasonality implications and Lead times, whilst ensuring that appropriate records are kept of these.
- Monitor and review supplier performance and develop continuous improvement plans to ensure quality and service expectations are met and exceeded.
- In conjunction with technical and development teams ensure that all suppliers' specifications define the quality and production standards.
- Negotiation and administration of purchasing contracts for local purchases
- Represent purchasing department at site key meetings
This is a fantastic opportunity offering a progressive role within an established & high quality food manufacturing business. With multiple expansion plans currently being explored, this is an exciting time to be joining the business.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.