Site Engineer - Off Shift, Nights
4 days per week
40 hours per week - 7pm - 4am
Flexibility to work other hours/ weekends
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 + night 35% shift bonus
Essential Job Duties:
Maintenance of equipment
Trouble shooting - diagnosis of mechanical/electrical faults
Perform preventative maintenance tasks
Liaise with suppliers of production equipment
Liaise with Production Manager and Shift Leaders on priority issues
Source spare parts as required
Maintain stock levels of critical parts in line with cost controls, repair parts, replacement recommendations.
Communicate concise information at shift handover
Maintain a safe, clean and tidy work environment to minimise risk
Attend regular team meetings or training as required
Performance of other maintenance duties throughout the building as required
To be responsible for your own Health and Safety adhere to safety guidelines in a warehouse environment and be aware of factors affecting your colleagues in order to maintain a safe environment.
To report any accidents, potential hazards to your Line Manager immediately.
Engineers will also assist, support and work in general operations, facilities maintenance or production areas to assist with the production of books as business needs or shift leads dictate.
Other duties as deemed necessary from time to time.
- 2 years equipment maintenance experience in a fast-paced production environment, with a strong electrical and mechanical background.
- Pre and post Print machinery experience desirable
- G.C.S.E Maths & English Grade C or above
- City & Guilds / NVQ or comparable qualification
- Ability to retain knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Engineering/electrical knowledge
- Strong diagnostic skills
- Ability to apply mastery of skills in adapting procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate.
- Ability to work independently
- Organizational skills
- Ability to bring a task to closure
- Attention to Detail
- Personal Computing skills to include Microsoft Outlook
- Good communication skills
- Ability to be flexible/multi-task based on workflow demands
- Critical thinking skills
· 2 years equipment maintenance experience in a fast-paced production environment, with a strong electrical and mechanical background.
· Pre and post Print machinery experience desirable
· G.C.S.E Maths & English Grade C or above
· City & Guilds / NVQ or comparable qualification
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.