Night Shift Tool Room Technician
Kiln Farm, Milton Keynes
We are recruiting for an experienced Tool Room Technician to work on a night shift for our client based in Kiln Farm, Milton Keynes.
This is a temporary to permanent vacancy where you will work 12 weeks through the agency before being taken on permanently by the company. Our client is only looking for candidates who are interested in working permanently with them and will not keep people as ongoing temps.
You will work night shift, Sunday - Thursday, 11PM - 7AM. You will need to flexible and willing to take on overtime where needed due to demands of the business.
Paying £14.03 standard. Overtime paid over 37.5 hours at £19.40.
You will be working for a manufacturer of plastic products. Our client operates across various industries, including food.
As a Tool Room Technician you will be responsible for all aspects of tool room maintenance and you must be experienced and confident in using basic hand tools as well as be computer literate.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- To ensure quality, hygiene and housekeeping standards are maintained to comply with company standards at all times
- Carry out basic engineering repairs (Drilling. Tapping)
- To ensure the company Health and Safety Policy is adhered to in and around the plant at all times
- Hand Polishing of tools
- Prepare tools for production, change castings, change knives on GN or KIEFEL Tooling
- Check new tooling on arrival to specification sheet
- Control spare parts inventory
- Prepare GN blow Patterns
- Change over castings
- Carryout all plant tooling maintenance and overhauls ensuring maintenance schedules are correct, recorded and up to date (must be auditable)
- Lead by example in all every day activities
- Maintain the efficiency and smooth running of the company you may also be required to work in other areas carrying out other duties within your capabilities, as the workload so requires
Ideally you will be trained on operating electric stacker truck however full training will be provided.
You must comply with all policies and procedures to ensure that a safe and healthy working environment is maintained as well as abide by the company's environmental and quality management procedures.
You will liaise closely and cooperatively with other functions within the business to ensure adequate information is relayed to optimise performance as well as undergo necessary training when required to continuously enhance skills required for the advances in maintaining tooling and associated equipment that may be necessary to use
You must be a team player and willing to carry out any reasonable duties we request that are within your abilities, irrespective of grade/skill level.
Please contact us on 01908 695959 option 1 or send your CV for a call back.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.