A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Network Planning Supervisor (transport) to join a well-established, privately owned and highly successful logistics company, operating in the UK third party distribution sector on a full time permanent basis at one of their sites in Cardiff.
You will lead, plan, organise and optimise the company Trunking Network and Sub-contraction Functions to deliver a class leading service for their customers.
This excellent opportunity is well suited to a transport professional with previous experience within a transport planning function.
This position is very much hands-on. It is important therefore that that you have a forward thinking, dynamic approach to man-management to ensure that your drivers and planning team is engaged and working as efficiently as possible.
It is important that you have a thorough understanding of the pressures and demands that the logistics environment brings and can remain calm and diffuse situations professionally and diplomatically.
What we are looking for:
- Knowledgeable within specialism: Geographical awareness, health and safety, driver hours, load weight restrictions etc.
- Proven management experience, evidence of leading a team and developing people.
- Must have experience within a previous Traffic Planning environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting strict deadlines.
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy.
- Comfortable using multiple computer applications and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- A CPC qualification or Transport Diploma would be advantageous.
You will work a 45 hour week. Working pattern can be discussed at interview stage.
Salary for this opportunity is £35k plus an achievable bonus of £2.5k (£37.5k OTE).
For immediate consideration please contact me at your earliest opportunity.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.