Barker Ross are recruiting for a Network Engineer in Nottingham on a 3 Month contract based on 37 hours a week, Mon - Fri at a rate of £17.89 p/hr.
An experienced network engineer is required to provide assistance to the Network Team for "Business As Usual" operational tasks and dealing with resolution of incidents. The engineer will have significant "hands on" experience in implementing and working with IP networks and working on Cisco switches, routers and firewalls. There will also be a requirement to install and configure Cisco IP telephony handsets and user profiles.
- Cisco IOS design, configuration and administration
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in supporting a complex local and wide area network environment
- Tcp/Ip to include design, routing, maintenance and monitoring
- Structured cabling systems and design
- Experience of real-Time and retrospective monitoring skills of network infrastructure
- Knowledge and experience of using cisco unified call manager, cisco unity and cisco contact center
- Educated to degree/HND/CISCO (CCNA/CCNP) or equivalent in a relevant discipline or significant experience in implementing IP networks.
- Excellent configuration and administration skills on Cisco switches, routers and ASA firewalls.
- Excellent knowledge of routing and switching.
- Experience of configuring and administering Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
- Can communicate technical information to staff, colleagues and others as required.
- Able to understand and create detailed technical documentation and Handover to Support documentation for both technical and non-technical staff, for example Service Desk.
- Assist in the maintenance all aspects of network security, including firewall access control and logging, ensuring that all external connections meet appropriate levels of access and security in accordance with Corporate IT and local Network Team procedures.
- Commission structured cabling including compliance testing.
If you are interested in the role and would like to learn more about the role, please apply today!
For any other roles which might become available please register with Barker Ross at https://online.barkerross.co.uk/#/register to be contacted directly.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.