Salary: £3,667.30per annum
Hours: Saturdays only 6.5 hours per week
Main purpose of the job
The Hackney TLC comprises a museum, public library and office accommodation. The post holder will
work within the FM team specifically providing assistance in the museum during opening hours on
Saturdays only, carrying out various duties centred on a very customer focused environment. This will
include acting as a reception and information point for public visitors, explaining museum rules and dayto-day supervision of the museum and its contents.
* Provide support to a wide and diverse range of activities and assist in the day to day running
of the Museum as directed by the Assistant Facilities Manager in liaison with Museum
* Undertake the collection of data on visitor levels, conduct visitor satisfaction surveys and
provide monthly reports on the results.
* Checking of consumable supplies (museum souvenirs), re-stock as necessary and maintain
appropriate stock sheets.
* Provide assistance on the sales counter, handle cash and operate the till.
* Monitor use of the Museum and detect inappropriate unwanted behaviour.
* Open and close the Museum in accordance with agreed procedures and report any defects
to the helpdesk.
* Prepare display and reception space for use by visitors.
* Act as reception for guests during organised events.
* Adopt safe working practices in line with Health & Safety, identify needs of visitors and assist
disabled visitors in an appropriate manner.
* Respond to complaints and suggestions politely and promptly and according to agreed
* A high level of awareness of client needs in a service environment and ability to build
effective working relationships with customers.
* Co-operative, adaptable and a good team worker.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Good numeracy skills.
* Good time keeping.
* Confident speaking with members of the public.
* Able to act promptly and decisively, when necessary.
* Be able to demonstrate a calm and proactive approach to situations.
If you feel you would be able to contribute positively to the Hackney TLC contract, please apply with an up-todate CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require any further details about the position, please contact George on 07432157726 or
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.