Barker Ross is looking for a candidate to work within the busy feed mill for our clients site in Wingham.
The role is a full time permanent role on a two-shift rota of 2pm to 10pm and 10pm to 6am, with additional overtime at an enhanced rate of pay.
It is predominately working in the mill loading/unloading vehicles, however you will be expected to provide cover for other duties as required.
Day to Day tasks
- Operate all machinery to achieve optimal output and optimal quality
- Carry out all in-process quality checks in accordance with the appropriate schedules and report problems as they occur
- Solve ad-hoc mill faults
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and hygiene within your working area
- Assist with tote bags as required
- Operate in-house system as required for bagging, intake, process control.
- Ensure any part pallets are made into full pallets, and are wrapped and stored in the designated area
- Any pallets which need restacking or re labelling are to be done at the end of the shift unless specifically directed otherwise
- Ensure daily bagging and fault sheets are kept neat and tidy
- Ensure all bagged product is correctly labelled before wrapping and is appropriately stored neat and tidy to avoid damage
- Ensure bulk and bag lorries are loaded with the correct feed and in the correct order
- Take random samples of finished products from loads and assess their quality.
- Despatch loads correctly using the in-house system
- Maintenance of Press machines to include die changes and knife adjustments
- Provide cover for other team members when requested
- Perform any other tasks as may be delegated from time to time by Mill Manager
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.