To carry out the Hard FM Services for Chiltern & South Buckinghamshire councils.
As a Maintenance Operative, you will assist with a wide range of activities, planned and reactive maintenance and support specialist sub-contractors. The post holder will be expected to be 'hands-on' with a clear focus on ensuring minimal inconvenience to the occupants on the site.
This role is based from the Head Office in Amersham though will require travel for which you will be provided with a vehicle.
- To ensure the provision of a safe and functional environment for the occupiers/users of the portfolio of buildings and general public in accordance with the contract;
- To be compliant with all applicable laws, codes of practice and statutory requirements, protecting the health and safety of staff and visitors to the facilities;
- To carry out a number of planned maintenance tasks, for which training will be provided and also assist specialists as required;
- To carry out first fixes on all reactive jobs within the buildings and implement repairs where possible within contractual SLAs to ensure the condition of the building is maintained and also to enable the occupants have as little disruption as possible to their day-to-day activities;
- To be included in a 24-hours/365(6) days call-out and repair facility. Respond to calls and carry out necessary repairs/rectification in accordance with the defined reactive response requirements. This is an important aspect of the job and vital that the candidate is willing to assist out of hours where necessary;
- Ensure all work undertaken is carried out strictly in accordance with supervisory instruction;
- Ensure all site safety protocols are adhered to and following all company Health & Safety policies;
- To work closely with fellow team members to maximise productivity and ensure that the required team and company goals are met;
- To act as the eyes and ears for the Contract Manager for issues throughout the sites and ensure they are reported as required promptly and professionally;
- To ensure that all external services, surfaces and traffic routes are maintained in good order and fully functional to meet their intended purpose;
- Record and monitor consumption in respect of each utility;
- To ensure grit is spread on roadways, footpaths, car parking areas and other external hard surfaces at a suitable period of time to minimise the risk of surface ice or snow coverage;
- Attend to any spillages, and other emergency cleaning requirements during working hours;
- Escort and assist specialist engineers/sub-contractors attending site to carry out works as and when necessary. Also supervise these contractors on occasion and ensure that the expected standards are met across all aspects of their work;
- To ensure a clear knowledge and understanding of team objectives and priorities and how the individual role will contribute to the achievements;
- All employees are required by Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions;
- To undertake any such additional duties that are reasonably commensurate with the level of this post;
Experience and Qualifications
- Ability to carry out basic maintenance and building fabric works;
- Experience of working in an environment in support of the main business function;
- A knowledge and understanding of electrical or mechanical engineering, preferably electrical for this position;
- Awareness of Health & Safety issues and the need for safe methods of working;
- Ideally electrical biased with a National Certificate or equivalent in this field or working towards such;
- Experience of working in facilities management;
- Manual handling training;
- Customer service training;
- First aid qualification;
- 5 Hours per week, Monday - Friday;
- Occasional weekends and nights for building shutdowns and during any unforeseen emergencies;
- Be able to communicate successfully in both written and verbal format;
- Good customer care skills;
- Able to exercise initiative and prioritise duties accordingly;
- Able to work to a high standard against agreed timescales with limited supervision;
- Be able to use initiative, make decisions and consult as appropriate;
- Commitment and enthusiasm;
- Commitment to quality in all aspects of service delivery;
- Commitment to equal opportunities;
- Willing to be flexible and respond to changing circumstances;
- An ability to demonstrate a flexible and positive 'can do' attitude;
- A commitment to the principle of good environmental practice;
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.