I am currently recruiting on behalf of my client for a Multi Skilled Engineer to work in Desborough. My client is recruiting due to a member of staff retiring.
Key Result Areas:
* The candidate will be responsible for their safety and the safety of those they are working with according to the relevant procedures. This includes being aware of the risks of each task, and following the appropriate risk assessments.
* The candidate will work with the Cell technicians and Cell Leaders who's key focus is to improve operations by Maximising production and minimising downtime machines within their cell are in the best possible mechanical and electrical condition at all times, thus ensuring that a consistent, high quality product can be produced at all times.
* The candidate will from time to time need to source parts and services that may be required to complete repairs thus ensuring that any parts or services required are 'right first time', cost effective and can be supplied in a timely manner.
* The candidate will work to standards expected with regards to their work area ensuring that it is tidy and organised at all times, and all work carried out is done so in accordance with health and safety, hygiene and legal requirements
* The candidate will respond promptly to calls for assistance with the utmost of urgency and that all repairs are completed to the highest standard with resources available to ensure the machines are kept in the best possible mechanical and electrical condition at all times, thus ensuring that a consistent, high quality product can be produced at all times.
* Fully qualified apprentice trained mechanical or electrical.
* Appropriate multi-skill qualification and experience.
* Good knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics. * PLC knowledge preferable.
* Basic fault-finding
Permanent night shift, requirement for additional Friday and or Sunday night over time during busy periods i.e. November and December and odd weekends at other times
The salary reflects the shift premium which will be £30k during first 3 months on day shift training, increasing to £32k when on Nights increasing to £34k with experience.
38 hr week - mon-thurs 10-6 friday 6pm-12am all overtime paid at time and a half if you worked your full week and paid at double time from 12pm on Saturday and B/H double and a day in lieu
* workplace pension
* westfield cash plan - you can claim upto £105 for dentistry work
* Death & service x 4 salary- non taxable
* 23 days holiday plus b/h - increasing to 25 next year
* Occupational health -- medi care
* Computer & cycle to work scheme after 1 year
* Savings scheme paid out every 6 months (optional)
* Summer fun day - all paid
* Xmas party night -
* Birthday card and voucher from owner
* £60 meal voucher for exceptional workers
If you are interested in the role, please get in touch.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.