This is an exciting and fresh opportunity for a technically excellent engineer to join a fantastic client and team!
Key Responsibilities of the Engineer
Monday to friday role
· Work with all aspects of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, heating, refrigeration, water, civil (building), waste disposal, environmental and food process engineering;
· Completion & development of Planned Preventative Maintenance including paperwork.
· Assist with the installation and maintenance of new plant/machinery; their repair selection and assisting with the supervision of contractors:
· Maintaining Engineering archive records.
· Full compliance with Health and Safety regulations and site rules
· To ensure GMP, hygiene and housekeeping standards are met and adherence to relevant regulations.
· To develop an extensive working knowledge of all engineering work and develop close working relationship with Production and other Mademoiselle Desserts functions.
Knowledge & Experience
· A minimum of City and Guilds in mechanical or electrical engineering.
· A minimum of three years' relevant experience.
· Proven experience of participating in factory maintenance and new projects.
· Experience of working collaboratively with contractors to ensure they deliver to cost, standards and time expected.
· Experience of working with ISO9002, HACCP or similar applying TQM Principles.
Experience in work involving;
· Waste disposal
· Environmental and Food Process Engineering
· Maintenance and Commissioning of new plant/machinery and their repair.
Skills and Abilities
· Professional approach to the role, able to systematically diagnose engineering faults and rapidly work to resolve problem.
· Can use ICT with confidence (e.g. supplier/inventory/plant and equipment databases, maintenance scheduling/planning electronic controls).
· Is a result driven doer who enjoys working as part of a team by being hands-on and setting an example.
· Articulate communicator; able to be open to ideas and suggestions.
· Able to show a positive and flexible approach in dynamic, fast-moving and at times, demanding business, who works proactively rather than reactively.
· Able to quickly develop internal relationships at all levels
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.