Role: Mechanical Fitter
Salary: £27,000 Base salary + OT
Shifts: Monday - Friday
Monday - Thursday - 7:00 - 3:30
Friday - 7:00 - 12:30 noon
Benefits: Private healthcare, Fantastic company culture, engaging and exciting work, matched pension, overtime is time and a half after your standard 37.5 hours per week.
The Mechanical Fitter will demonstrate a variety of different skills that the opportunity requires. By working as part of the engineering team, you will understand and contribute to achieving the goals of the Factory by efficiently carrying out any assigned operation or task. The aim is to manufacture the company's product to an agreed specification in a cost effective and safe manner.
Your daily duties as a Mechanical Fitter will include but not be limited to:
· Assembling kits of parts using drawings and internal paperwork system (Epicor)
· Installing Pneumatic and hydraulic pipework
· Assist with the testing of finished equipment and completing test records.
· Operating of portable hand tools for drilling, grinding and sanding etc.
· Supplying feedback on machine and process improvements
· To work as part of an industry leading team and assist in other areas when required.
· Maintain a safe and tidy environment within your working area
· Support mechanical work within the maintenance team
· Working on customers sites as part of an installation and commissioning team
· Being aware of and following all company health and safety policies and procedures.
· To work within predetermined time frames and provide feedback deviations when necessary.
· Lift Components and assemblies using slings and pendant cranes in a safe and protective manner.
Mandatory Qualifications -
· Level 3 Mechanical Apprenticeship
· Thorough methodical approach
· Able to interpret drawings and specifications
· Attention to quality
· Flexibility to undertake other tasks in other areas and on customers sites
· A high degree of self motivation.
This is a full time permanent position within the company.
Apply or email me with your C.V at - Maxsturgess@barkerross.co.uk
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.