A fantastic opportunity is now available to join a leading and global supplier of bespoke food and pet food processing machinery. This family owned business has been established for 100 years and now employs over 300 staff at their manufacturing site where machines are produced from concept to completion all under one roof.
My client is now seeking to employ a permanent Mechanical Fitter for bespoke machinery
To assemble complete machines and sub-assemblies to customer specifications, and to test completed equipment.
* To assemble kit of parts using drawings and internal paperwork system (Epicor).
* To install pneumatic and hydraulic pipework.
* To assist with testing of finished equipment and to complete test records.
* To operate portable hand tools for drilling, grinding and sanding etc.
* To lift components and assemblies using slings and pendant crane in a safe and protective manner.
* To work within planned times for jobs, and to feedback deviations when necessary.
* To supply feedback on machine and process improvements.
* To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, assisting other sections when required.
* To support mechanical work within the maintenance team.
* To work on customers' sites as part of an installation & commissioning team.
* To maintain a safe and tidy environment within their working area.
* Have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship.
* Thorough methodical approach.
* Able to interpret drawings and specifications.
* Attention to quality.
* Flexibility to undertake other tasks in other areas and on customers' sites.
* A high degree of self motivation.
Hours of work: 37 hours/week.
Monday to Thursday 7.30 to 16.00 with 30 minute unpaid lunch break
Friday 7.30 -12.30. At times there may be night shift and weekend work.
Overtime for hours worked over 37/week is paid at time and half
Night shift paid at time and a third
Life Assurance: 3x annual salary
Holiday: 35 days holiday including 3 days between Christmas and New Year, and the normal 8 public holidays.
Company Healthcare Scheme
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.