I am currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer for a client in North West Leicester, its a great opportunity to join a niche industry and a business with a great ethos.
The maintenance department is managed by the Plant Manager and consists of a small team of staff encompassing all the trades, with its own workshop. In addition to everyday repairs the department undertakes minor building works, improvements, and refurbishment throughout the foundry, including improvements for health & safety.
During Peak production, this is a relatively busy department and one within which everyone is expected to have a flexible attitude to their work and be prepared to work as part of a multi-disciplined team, including extended hours in the event of plant failures etc.
The role will cover the following disciplines.
· Workshop work & repair of items
· Dismantling of all kinds of machinery available on site & re-assembly, rebuilding with replacement / new parts as appropriate
· Fabrication of parts, either refurbishment or replacement f or those associated with " plant projects " including use of machine shop lathe & Drill
· Routine maintenance of machinery, including but not limited to visual inspection, greasing , replacing pipework & hoses, checking fluid levels etc.
· There will be times during the working week when electrical issues may arise & you will be required to be multi-tasking & prepared to tackle these issues or support another member of the team ( & vis versa ) as part of your Overall duties and responsibilities
· General Maintenance, Fault Finding, Repairs and Replacement - Electrical
· ( Replacing light tubes or fittings, metering out & replacing contactors in control panels, trouble shooting, changing control button switches on machines, fault finding & rectification, rewiring drive motors etc )
· Replacement of low voltage ( 240V ) items as appropriate.
· Trouble shooting on High Voltage systems ( 415v ) & Liaison with electrical contractor as necessary
· Fault finding on hydraulic & pneumatic systems & circuits
· Fire Alarm & Emergency Lighting Testing
· Utility Meter Readings
· Portable Appliance Testing
· Proven practical experience and skills & physically fit to undertake manual handling duties
· An awareness of health and safety within the workplace
· A team player, with mechanical knowledge & be a good all-rounder, who is reliable, a competent communicator and has a flexible and professional approach as the working day will never follow any pattern.
· You will be expected to help in driving forward and improving PPM, assisting & advising the Plant Manager as required.
Hours of work;
7.30am-4pm Monday to Friday
For more information please contact Nicole Cooling
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.