An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Materials Planning Controller to join a well established and successful Automotive component manufacturer organisation at their site based in Birmingham. This is an exciting time to join the company as they continue to grow their business and expand their ever growing team.
The purpose of the job:
- Management of all aspects of Stock & Stores Control
- Managing Goods Inwards and Issuing Raw Materials to and From Production.
- Ensure that system and physical stock levels within the warehouse are in line for all products and to deal with any customer queries.
- Able to operate flexibly in a production/warehouse team working environment; ensuring that hygiene, quality levels and performance standards are met
- Promoting safe working practices.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- At least 2 years experience of working in stock/inventory role in a tier 1 automotive company within a material/store environment
- Experience in managing a team of up to ten people
- Overview knowledge of warehouse stock systems and processes.
- Experience in handling raw materials using the First in First out (F.I.F.O) terminology
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy (GCSE pass or equivalent).
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate any issues and concerns at all levels.
- Strong team player and aware of individual impact and contribution to the business.
- Working well under pressure in a fast moving and demanding environment.
- Knowledge of the safe systems of work specified for the warehouse and of the H&S policies/procedures that apply to the company premises and its operations.
- Be flexible for periodical stock counts in line with customer and business needs.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Experience of Fast Moving Automotive Company / Stock Control Environment.
- General IT Skills - Including experience of Stock Control / Materials Planning Systems i.e SAGE/SAP/ORACLE (preferably SAGE)
- Impeccable attention to detail - dealing with 1500 parts and product variations
- Counterbalance Licence (externally approved)
Salary for this opportunity is up to £28k (Depending on experience) Monday to Friday, working a 42 hour week. No evenings or weekends
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.