Barker Ross is currently recruiting a Material Planner for a well established, expanding UK food manufacturer with a diverse product portfolio. Due to a period of sustained growth & expansion, they are now in search of a high-calibre candidate to join the supply chain team based at their Duns site.
Reporting to the UK Group Purchasing Manager, to ensure packaging and ingredients arrive on site for production within adequate time while keeping costs at a minimum. Communicate with suppliers externally and internally to ensure a seamless supply chain. Update and analyse the supplier performance evaluation reports. Input new item and supplier set ups whilst maintaining data integrity on all items in the business. Support price analysis queries and be responsible for keeping pricing systems up to date.
Develop the role and expand knowledge of the business supply chain and procurement systems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Place orders and call offs with suppliers to ensure packaging and ingredients arrive in time to meet the production plan
- Maintain agreed safety stocks with the space constraints of the site
- Maintain purchase orders and update in SAP
- Call off stock from external storage where appropriate.
- Liaise with the supply chain planners and to ensure productions needs are met.
- Understand supply chain needs for all production lines, develop this knowledge to understand the wider implications and work to improve them.
- Understand production and stock administration including back flushing in SAP
- Monitor deliveries and update supplier KPI reports
- Ensure awareness of quality issues and mitigate impact to the production plan and therefore availability
- Manage invoice queries in collaboration with the accounts payable team.
- Manage supplier stock reports and issue forecasts to suppliers
- Assist in the setup of new suppliers and items on site
- Any other related duties as deemed necessary by the UK Group Purchasing Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- 'A or Higher' Level standard of education
- Proven experience in a planning / purchasing environment, preferably in the chilled food industry.
- Ability to work within a dynamic and challenging environment
- Numerate and computer literate with a proven ability using MS Office together with a recognised intermediate or advanced PC skill.
- Ability to follow instruction under supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment
- High attention to detail always
This is a fantastic opportunity within a high quality food manufacturing business, offering a progressive role with opportunity to work with major blue chip retailers. This is a perfect time to join the business and develop your career.
If this is of interest to you, then please apply now!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.