An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Materials Control Operative to join a well established and successful Automotive component manufacturer organisation at their site based in Birmingham. This is an exciting time to join the company as they continue to grow their business and expand their ever growing team.
The purpose of the job:
- Maintain stock delivery and to ensure the delivery of orders on time to customers
- To receive material identify and locate accuracy with stores.
- Ensure flow of associate paperwork and computer data.
- Provide a prompt and accurate picking in a timely manner to service production work orders and customer orders and ensuring flow of associated paperwork and computer data.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- 2 years experience of working in stock/inventory role in a tier 1 automotive company within a material/store environment
- Overview knowledge of warehouse stock systems and processes.
- Experience in handling raw materials using the First in First out (F.I.F.O) terminology
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy (GCSE pass or equivalent).
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate any issues and concerns at all levels.
- Strong team player and aware of individual impact and contribution to the business.
- Working well under pressure in a fast moving and demanding environment.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Minimum of 2 years experience within a tier 1 Automotive Company within a store environment
- General IT Skills - Including experience of Stock Control / Materials Planning Systems i.e SAGE/SAP/ORACLE (preferably SAGE)
- Qualified fork lift Driver (minimum 2 years experience)
- Valid Counter Balance Licence (externally approved and refreshed within 3 years )
Salary for this opportunity is up to £25k Monday to Friday, working a 42 hour week. No Evenings or weekends
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.