To provide an effective operational service, including cleaning, the erection and dismantling of stalls, minor maintenance and market security.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring that all markets are maintained in a clean, tidy and safe condition. Cleaning all areas of the market including toilets, drains, vacant units, market walkways and stairwells. Being responsible for the collection and disposal of rubbish, including the sweeping of all roads, walkways, passages and general areas.
- Undertake periodic cleaning duties as specified in the work schedules or by a Supervising Officer.
- Erecting and dismantling stalls on the outdoor markets and at special events in line with set procedures.
- Undertake minor maintenance and painting.
- Take meter readings as directed and complete the appropriate paperwork. To complete daily and weekly logs and timesheets.
- Dealing with customer enquiries. Giving assistance to customers and contractors, including the taking and receiving of messages.
- Ensure vehicles in the loading bay are parked correctly and adhere to loading and unloading restrictions.
- Taking delivery, storing and moving all supplies, materials, equipment and furniture as directed.
- Carry out security procedures ensuring that all customers have left the market, lights are switched off, windows are closed and secure, the door are locked and unlocked at the specified time and ensuring the alarm system is activated.
- Adhering to emergency procedures such as fire evacuation. Ensuring the duties allocated to you in an emergency situation are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
- Assist Market Officers in the performance of their duties.
Undertake any other duties commensurate with this post as directed by a Supervising Officer.
All staff are expected to maintain high standards of customer care in the context of the City council's Core Values, to uphold the Equality and Diversity Policy and health and safety standards and to participate in training activities necessary to their post.
If interested please call Lewis on 07726995912 or email cv over to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.