Manufactruing Maintenance Engineer - Berkeley Modular Ltd - £30-45K DOE - Northfleet, Kent
Barker Ross Recruitment are working in conjunction with Berkeley Modular Ltd part of the Berekeley Group are looking for a Manufacturing Maintenance Engineer.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business within the Berkeley Group at an early stage of the project. This strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric modules on behalf of Berkeley Group which are specifically designed and engineered for the residential housing sector to help create high performing, high quality and comfortable homes for people to enjoy living in.
As Manufacturing Engineer you will initially be responsible for helping create a 150,000 sq. ft. green field advanced manufacturing facility and define the core production processes within. These core processes will include systems and facilities engineering support, and will need to be closely integrated with production, factory logistics and HSEQ processes. The initial work will cover setting up new systems of work to support production and help to maintain the factory infrastructure, planning and project management of OEM's to install advanced production technologies into the new manufacturing facility.
Once the factory is established, the focus will switch to ensure day-to-day that production is able to deliver to the required output levels, which will mean the facility and associated advanced manufacturing technologies are kept operational at all times. As such, the Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for supporting production deliver against labour productivity and manufactured product quality targets, whilst ensuring a safe working environment for the workforce, It will be essential to work very closely with other stakeholders from across the business covering the technical, engineering, projects, finance and site logistics disciplines to understand challenges that are faced and help develop and evolve robust solutions.
Initial Duties to Go-Live:
- Designing the layout of the plant using 2D & 3D software to create 3D models of the factory environment
- Design and develop lean manufacturing cells, through analysis of process needs to include process assembly and test equipment
- Design and develop assembly and testing fixtures
- Procure and manage OEMs and third party agencies for the installation of new machinery / equipment
- Map and specify all material and factory information flows
- Generate, develop and update Process Control Plans (PCPs), Test Control Plans (TCPs) and FMEAs
- Assist with repair and troubleshooting of plant and equipment.
- Create manpower standards to meet capacity.
- Help to design and implement HSEQ processes to support production operations
- Create Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments to support safe and efficient production operations
- Help to project manage OEMs and third party agencies for the installation of new machinery / equipment
- Play an active role in the manufacturing facility commissioning process, including programme of sample production / prototyping
Skills and Qualifications:
- HNC/HND or Degree level in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience within complex fast paced manufacturing environment
- Advanced understanding of AutoCAD and relevant 3D design software
- Ideally experience with factory simulation software
- Experienced in managing projects, delivering on time and within budget
- Understanding of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and implementation experience advantageous
- Thorough experience with Lean Manufacturing, a qualification in Six Sigma from a recognised, accredited training body.
- Ability to inspire
- Ability to influence
- Strong work ethic
- Strong team ethic
- Ambition to achieve
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 01159483757.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.