My client, a leading national Civil Engineering Main Contractor are currently recruiting for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to join their Northern Region team based from their offices in Chesterfield to help manage the commercial function and take responsibility for the operating region alongside the Regional Director.
Some of the main duties of the Managing Quantity Surveyor will include:
- Ensure regional staff comply with commercial procedures and contractual requirements.
- Guide and advise regional staff on contractual and financial issues affecting the commercial aspect of the region.
- Recruitment, management and development of regional staff, identifying training where necessary.
- Identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
- Review and authorise certification for contract payments to sub-contractors.
- Management of regional staff to ensure contract variations are identified and maximise recovery.
- Management or regional staff to facilitate timely applications for payment and prompt final account settlements.
- Notify the Board of Directors of major financial and commercial problems or disputes.
- Prepare documentation for dispute resolution when required.
- Prepare and review CVR reports with Contracts Managers and agree reporting position prior to submission to Regional Director.
- Present commercial reporting to the Regional Director.
You will need to demonstrate knowledge of working as a Managing Quantity Surveyor on a broad range of Civil Engineering projects including highways, infrastructure and structures. You will need to be proficient in all aspects of the NEC form of contracts. We are looking for an excellent communicator who will also need to demonstrate excellent man management skills.
RICS or ICES would be desirable.
Excellent salalry on offer plus life assurance cover (4 x annual salary), company car or car allowance, company pension scheme (we match up to 6%), 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme and an employee assistance programme.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.