Our client is one of the largest providers la of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Maintenance Workers - Housing and Homelessness, Various Locations, Croydon, Lambeth,, Kensington £22,000kpa, Permanent
To maintain and improve the standard of the company building, services, as part of the Maintenance team, by carrying out maintenance, general repairs and renewal work to the fabric and building of the companies buildings and sites.
- To carry out basic carpentry tasks to a good standard
- To carry out basic plumbing tasks to a good standard
- To carry out basic electrical tasks to a good standard
- To carry out decorative tasks to void rooms and communal areas to a good standard
- To carry out deep cleaning to void rooms in preparation for decorating or immediate reletting
- To be the key contact for a site in Lambeth maintaining any voids and keeping the day to day repairs up to date (Subject to the demands of the workload in other schemes)
- Fixing of canvassing, door linings, door and window frames, flooring and possibly dry linings.
- Fixing of fittings, trim and accessories after plastering has been carried out e.g., skirting's, architraves, cupboards etc.
- The application of paint to various types of surface to give a finish for decorative or protective purposes.
- Preparation for decoration work by filling and sanding and then subsequent required number of coats of paint.
- The unblocking of sinks, drains and other drainage sources.
- Identifying sources of leaks and undertaking emergency action to prevent further leakage.
- Making repairs to toilet mechanics.
- Undertaking annual PAT testing (once qualified) at all sites.
- Replacing bulbs
Health and Safety
- To comply strictly with all Health and Safety instructions and procedures.
- To undertake risk assessments of maintenance tasks prior to undertaking them.
- To comply with HSE specific guidelines relating to:
- Working at heights
- Electrical safety
- Management of H&S
- Fire Safety
- First Aid
- As well as other regulatory requirements as presented.
- Experience of working in a housing related field
- Experience of taking responsibility for your own workload and of undertaking a range of administrative tasks.
- Electrical or plumbing qualification desirable.
- Experience of carrying out:
- Plumbing tasks to a good standard
- Decorative repairs and redecoration to a good standard
- General reactive repairs
- Knowledge of best practice in the delivery of maintenance services including working with contractors.
- Knowledge of key legislation affecting housing for people with support needs including:
- Health and Safety
- Decent Homes Standards
- Houses of multiple occupation
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations to IOSH standard
- Approachable manner
- An ability to empathise with others.
- To be able to work as part of a team
- An ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Most hold a full UK driving licence with no more than 3 penalty points.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration *Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.