The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing maintenance inspections on all makes of vehicles and trailers and carries out maintenance related repairs.
Particular areas of responsibility will be to: -
- Comply with company Safety, Health and Environmental policies at all times, including the mandatory wearing of personal protective equipment and machine guarding.
- Work in accordance with the Service Flow.
- Carry out routine inspections, maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicles and trailers to VOSA standard.
- Carry out Scania maintenance related work using Scania PC diagnostics.
- Seek equivalent data in MULTI related to maintenance.
- Ensure all job cards and service sheets are completed correctly.
- Understand and work according to parts ordering procedures.
- Maintain a thorough and up to date knowledge of products and attend training courses.
- Use and apply knowledge, training, technical and personal skills to carry out work allocated.
- Ensure that the customer requirements and expectations are met, through the provision of quality work.
- Ensure that all customer and company vehicles and property, including workshop tools and equipment, are handled appropriately, exercising due care and control.
- Maintain a professional standard when discussing work with customers and colleagues.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness in all areas of the business in order to maintain the company image and a safe working environment.
- Comply with company and customer policies and procedures, including the completion of documents and records.
- Maintain Dealer Operating Standards within department to a high standard.
- Proactively work to improve CSI and mystery shop results.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate: -
- LGV / PSV Licence (desirable)
- Ability to manage own working time to meet deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative in a busy workshop
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to actively seek solutions to problems
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
Particular experience / skills that will be regarded as ideal are: -
- Minimum of 3 GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English (desirable)
- Technical experience and/or qualification
- Trailer running gear and body experience
- BPW, SAF, axle systems
- WABCO, KNORR abs/ebs diagnostic experience
If you are intrested or would like to know more information please contact Laura Heathcote at Barker Ross on 0115 9416324.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.