I am currently recruiting for an experienced Electrical Maintenance Supervisor for a client who is within Heavy Engineering and have a large facility within the Leicester area.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of managing a multi-disciplined maintenance team with a desire to learn new skills.The successful applicant's remit will be to manage all aspects of the maintenance department.
Their duties will include:
- To manage the maintenance team.
- To manage the parts stores.
- Dealing with third party suppliers.
- Manage on site contractors.
- Meeting agreed service levels for all material handling equipment and fixed assets.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities are optimized by driving continuous improvement in related tasks, including the use of root cause analysis.
- Working with the operational team to deliver operational targets and drive process improvement.
- Assisting the maintenance team with identifying defects trends and determining the necessary actions required to help overcome these.
- Ensuring that site housekeeping is maintained to a high standard.
- Ensuring that all documentation is in line with company guidelines.
- Previous experience (or similar) within a busy workshop/maintenance control room environment.
- Experience working as an electromechanical engineer.
- A strong understanding of process improvement and lean manufacturing.
- In depth knowledge conveyor and pneumatic systems.
- Ability to manage staff and resources with other departments based on a matrix system.
- Negotiating and communication skills at all levels.
- IT literate with previous experience of CMMS systems.
- Be confident when offering technical expertise.
- Possess strong leadership attributes.
- Have a "Can do" attitude with the ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Have the ability to work to deadlines.
Other desirable qualifications/ Experience
- IOSH/ NEBOSH.
- Previous experience of working with SCADA
- Previous experience of cost management.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 180001.
The hours of work for this role are on a flexitime ROTA that will be managed by the MRF Supervisor and the Operations manager.
Please contact Nicole Cooling for more information.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.