Our client is a residential special school for children with learning difficulties and challenging behaviour with a site based in Swinderby and at Market Rasen and they are currently seeking 2 Maintenance Operative's to join their team on a full time basis (one at each site).
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday which will be recruited on a 12 week temporary to permanent basis.
The main duty of the role is to assist with the maintenance and development of the company's residential care home and school building by working as part of a facilities team to provide high quality service to the business.
Additional duties will include:-
- Support the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Senior Maintenance Operative in ensuring the company's properties are well kept, safe and aesthetically pleasing environment to be enjoyed by the pupils, residents, staff and visitors
- Undertake construction, building and allied trade tasks to maintain, repair and improve company buildings and property
- Use approved tools, equipment and products, following manufactures recommendations and in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines and company policies and procedures
- Undertake routine safety and maintenance checks to ensure that relevant machinery, equipment and plant are well maintained, kept clean and do not expose operatives to the risk of accident or injury
- Work outdoors in all weathers and seasons as required with appropriate PPE provided
- Frequently undertake manual handling, physical and or repetitive activities
- Work at height in compliance with all current legislation and company policy and procedure
- Complete as required any paperwork ensuring it is accurate and up to date, to include relevant sketch drawings, measurements and quantities
In order to be considered for the role it is essential that you have previous maintenance experience within a residential environment.
It is also essential that candidates have their own transport in order to reach the location of this remote site.
As part of the application process all candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Please send your CV in the first instance or call the Lincoln Office today on 01522 551910 for further information.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.