£33,000 - £37,000
You will be working for a leading food production company as an experienced Maintenance Engineer.
Main Job Include the following:
- Support the companies planned maintenance schedules and carry out planned maintenance tasks as required.
- Be capable of maintaining and repairing equipment such as bearings, shafts, motor drives, dividers, moulders, provers, pinners, mixers etc.
- Be focused on machine observation with regard to identifying potential failing or deteriorating parts that could impact on output, waste or production quality.
- The repair of electrical control panels and installations.
- Ensuring stock levels and an accurate list and selection of spare parts for key machinery
- Familiarity with health and safety and food safety procedures in the factory and ensure they are maintained.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment in the engineer's workshop
- You will need to have flexibility to work on shifts as required, usually 5 shifts each week, occasionally 6 if required on an average 40 hour week
- Must be able to work on Saturdays and Sundays
- Available to support the nightshift emergency call out rota. Usually 2-3 nights per week.
You will be:
- Competent and able so that repairs are resolved quickly with minimal downtime.
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent experience required
- Qualified with proven electrical and mechanical knowledge.
- Flexible attitude with strong service focus
- Must be able to prioritise work effectively, have a positive attitude and be able to respond quickly and work well under pressure when breakdowns occur.
- Ideally experience of working in a food environment (preferred not essential)
If you would like more information on the role please apply or contact Kevin on 0115 941 6326
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.