Maintenance Engineer - CNC
I am currently recruiting for a well established buinsess who are for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to be responsible for Maintaining production by carrying out both pro-active and re-active maintenance tasks on a variety of foundry & machine shop plant and equipment.
- Recognise that production is critical to Dyson's success in the market place.
- Support production by demonstrating a flexible approach to overtime etc, to resolve high priority issues when required.
- Work under their own initiative, with minimum supervision, being forward thinking and proactive, happy to put forward ideas & projects that will improve current processes.
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills, comfortable with pneumatics, hydraulics and machine control systems.
- Able to Install, modify, upgrade and repair factory infrastructure items to include compressed air lines & fittings, electric sockets, lights, network cabling, sockets etc. 17th edition electrical qualification, would be an advantage.
- Repair and carry out routine services on CNC machine centres, diecasting equipment and portable hand tools etc., experience of working on any of the following CNC machines would be useful Bridgeport, Hitachi, Mazak, Okuma, Matsuura, Brother etc.
- Trouble shoot and repair electrical and mechanical problems on machining equipment.
- Help improve the visual appearance of the manufacturing area.
- Promote and assist with both 5 S and Continual Improvement projects within the plant.
- Help introduce a level of daily / weekly operator TPM supported by suitable instruction documentation.
- Introducing a regular preventative servicing plan for machines that are PC based.
- Purchase, stock and control machine spare parts.
- Arrange for worn and damaged machine parts to be refurbished.
- Liaise with the 3rd party lubricant supplier regarding coolant, oil usage, condition, stock etc.
- Liaise with 3rd party machine tool support engineers to carryout repairs outside of the internal capability
- Help improve current factory facilities i.e. electric supplies, air lines, water etc. etc.
- Help to produce metrics specifically machine down time, spare parts spend by machine etc. etc.
- Help re-site machine tools as required including re-levelling, re connection of services etc. etc.
If you would like more information then please do contact Nicole Cooling on 0116 3666168.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.