I am currently recruiting on behalf of my client for a Maintenance Development Engineer, to work at their Thurmaston factory in Leicestershire. We are looking for engineers who are self-motivated and have a mechanical /electrical maintenance and engineer background, with a good understanding of continuous improvement.
The Maintenance Development Engineer must have hands- on approach and will be responsible for improving the machine and facility uptime performance. They will co-ordinate and deliver reliability actions and provide technical assistance to the maintenance departmentl. The Maintenance Development Engineer will ensure machine and process performance is optimised and will be targeted at a "stop it breaking in the first place." approach. Working closely with operations the position will lead the predictive and preventative maintenance programs and will take actions to ensure machine are reliable and can be maintained within a standard PPM scheduling routine. The Reliability Engineer will work to improve compliance, safety, equipment reliability, product quality and reduce maintenance cost.
Key Responsibilities of the Maintenance Development Engineer role:
Improve and optimize equipment uptime, reliability, and efficiency using equipment performance data form machine history to identify specified target areas or poor performing machines groups or maintenance practices.
* Recommend improved processes, programs, procedures and systems along with recommending enhancements and /or new approaches.
* Develops, implements, and monitors programs such as Preventive Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance, Reliability-Centered Maintenance, Condition-Based Maintenance, Total Productive Maintenance, and FMEA programs.
* Standardise components to minimize critical components (single point failure risk) and maintenance stock holding levels. Standardise components to address's training and skills shortage issues for the maintenance engineers.
* Co-ordinate new machine component installation i.e. specifications of standard components, training plan for engineers, critical spares list, installation and handover to operations.
* Conducts analysis and investigations using Failure Mode Analysis and Root Cause Analysis (5 Whys) on equipment failures that affect product quality, equipment uptime and plant capacity.
* Report conclusions to maintenance manager and make recommendations for improved programs and practices intended to prevent equipment failures.
* Develop contingency's solutions and project alternatives e.g. bypass and backup systems.
* Assist in developing capital project programs for new equipment and major repairs.
* Analyse maintenance data to identify trends in equipment and organizational performance that adversely affect efficiency, cost, quality, plant capacity, and production throughput. Make recommendations on actions that can be taken to reverse adverse trends
* Participate in the creation and review of maintenance procedures and policies.
* Work to develop Best Practices to be applied across all areas of the facility. Liaise with engineers, operations, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects.
* Take responsibility and co-ordinate all activities involved in delivering the task. Liaise with operations for release of machines, co-ordinate and control contractors and suppliers. Specify and order parts.
* Assist in identifying and providing training to maintenance and production related to improving asset care.
* Provides technical expertise to plant personnel on troubleshooting failures, repairs and evaluating equipment.
* Utilize technical drawings, specifications of electrical and mechanical systems and components to ensure a system conforms.
* Provide troubleshooting and expertise to unscheduled events as requested.
* Monitor the effectiveness of the corrective actions on a monthly basis.
- Mechanical Engineering or experienced maintenance engineer with relevant background.
- Three to five years' experience directly involved with maintenance activities and engineering improvement projects.
- Demonstrated ability to use root cause analysis/problem solving process
- Ideal candidate would have experience using vibration analysis, thermograph, oil analyses, etc.
- Self-motivated individual with good organizational and communication skills and a proven ability to facilitate to deliver improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple and ever-changing priorities and meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrated track record in driving continuous improvement.
- High level of self-motivation, creativity and flexibility.
- Experience as a participant or facilitator in RCM, FMEA, TPM and other maintenance programs / methodologies.
Hours of work:
Monday - Thursday - 7.30am - 4pm
Friday - 7.30am - 12.30pm
£511.39 per week
If the role of Maintenance Development Engineer is of interest to you, please get in touch.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.