Currently recruiting for a Machinist/Fitter to join my clients manufacturing company in Leicester.
Purpose of the Job
This role will manufacture jigs, fixtures, tools and press tooling in accordance with Drawings, and, contribute and work in a team environment in the press tooling department.
· Competent in the use of manual engineering machines, Milling machine, Surface Grinders and general fitting skills
· Modifications of existing tools, where required, to improve production processes
· Assist in the company continuous improvement programs
· Involved in the repair and manufacture components of existing tooling
· Responsible for inspecting finished product to Engineering Drawings
· Ensure the work area is kept clean and tidy and safe working practices are adopted
· Any other duties as required by the team leader and engineering plan
· Lathes, milling machines, various welding machines, drilling machines and general workshop fabrication tools
· Traditionally trained mechanical apprentice
· Experience in milling, grinding and fitting
· Able to read engineering drawings
Hours of work:
Monday - Thursday 8am - 5pm
Friday - 8am - 4pm
If you are interest in the role, please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.