Position: M&E Estimator
Location: Sittingbourne, Kent
Package: £50,000 + Perks
Reporting to: Operations Manager
The position involves of all aspects of the estimating role from entry of new enquiries to the handover to commercial and operations departments from a successful bid.
The role will entail client liaison at pre-tender that can involve site visits, surveys and mid/post tender interviews, accurately pricing the mechanical and public health building services associated with the projects and full ownership of the quotation/tender documents for issue..
This role would suit an Estimator with a Mechanical background looking for a long term permanent role within a growing company where you can progress your career.
Role and responsibilities:
· Close liaison with clients/potential clients regarding any enquiries received into the company and assigned, representing the business in a professional manner at all times.
· Identifying key aspects associated with the enquiry regarding site survey dates, survey requirements, return deadline and required submission method and report to management/directors of the pros and cons of the opportunity in an effort to prioritise successful opportunities.
· Attend site surveys, or tender interviews as necessary
· To liaise with other departments regarding completion of all information as identified as required within the enquiry, this may involve liaison with commercial, legal, procurement, accounts, design, Health & Safety, project delivery teams and directors of the business as appropriate.
· In a timescale to the opportunity return date, accurately assess all requirement/tender documents/specification and generate and send out enquiries for specialist sub-contract trades and plant/material items.
· Evaluate supplier and subcontract returns to ensure compliance with the tender specification/documentation.
· Accurately undertake any necessary take-offs of drawings and schedules and perform data entry into the estimating software (Extreme Estimating)
· Provide prime cost reports for management/director input as to required OHP and mark-up
· Generate commentary regarding exclusions and clarifications associated with the return offer
· Oversee the compilation of the tender return to ensure all elements are accounted for prior to submittal
· Provide ongoing assistance to the projects team if requests for the generation of variation costs are received.
· Provide feedback to allow other departments to effectively monitor and control the supplier and subcontract supply chain to ensure best value is achieved
· Liaise closely with the procurement department regarding cost and selection of equipment, materials and subcontract packages to achieve best value at tender stage
· Mechanical engineering experience - or within a similar role
· Good computer literacy including ability to work on estimating software, word and excel software
· Driving licence holder
· CSCS card holder
Working Hours - Monday to Friday - 8am to 5.30pm
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.