Barker Ross Food is recruiting on behalf of a leading Food Ingrediants Manufacturer in the heart of North Yorkshire!
This client is a part of a Global Organisation that partners with all world wide manufacturers.
My client supplies to every part of the UK and they are on the lookout for Logistics and Supply Planner's with immediate starts required!
Here's what we are looking for:
- Producing daily, weekly and monthly delivery schedules for own fleet & 3rd party haulage providers
- Liaising with the wider Logistics team to maximise Kerfoot fleet efficiencies
- Providing solutions and contingency plans for encountered or expected delivery issues
- Work closely with haulage providers to maximise productivity and maintain good relationships
- Communicate with sales and production to ensure plans are achievable
- Processing all relevant transport documents
- Negotiating improved transport rates
- Raising and checking transport invoices
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Experience in planning and coordinating multi-drop deliveries (3PL experience advantageous)
- Excellent communication skills
- KPI driven with a proven track record of optimisation
- Meticulous attention to detail Experience with Paragon or other similar routing and scheduling software package
- A good working knowledge of other transport and logistics systems e.g. Tachomaster, Fleetboard (vehicle tracking), in cab technology (forward facing cameras, cab-phones / communication devices etc.)
- Good computer skills including Microsoft office
- Focused on providing a great service to our customers
- Ability to maintain control in a busy, fast paced working environment
- Good at prioritising and able to delegate when required
- Creative problem solver
- Experience with continuous improvement would be beneficial but not essential
If this sounds like the role for you and that you are suitable for this opportunity, then get in touch!
Please note that all applicants are subject to review, if you do not hear from us within 14 days of application then please assume your application is unsucsessful, although we may contact you at a later date for a role more suitable to your experience!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.