A vacancy has arisen for a high calibre Logistics Administration Supervisor to join a hugely successful warehousing and distribution business, recognised as one of the largest privately owned transport and logistics companies in the UK.
You will join a friendly team in the Birmingham area on a full time, permanent basis, working Monday to Friday, which could be from the following shift patterns - 9am to 5.30pm, 9.30am to 6.00pm or 10.00am to 6.30pm.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in an administration supervisory role in the logistics sector.
- Previous experience in a 3PL operation.
- Good working understanding of general principles of transport operations.
- WMS experience at super-user level.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office package.
- Customer Service experience.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Passion for delivering an exceptional level of customer service.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent PC literacy - MS Excel and MS Word.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility, commitment and dedication.
- The ability to work under pressure and to set deadlines.
The person we are seeking will be mainly responsible for
- Day to day support to the logistics administration department.
- To work within a challenging and demanding environment.
- To investigate and resolve customer and management related queries.
- Preparation of reports for management and customers (KPI etc.).
- To conduct employee performance reviews and appraisals and to develop the team members and to organise required training.
- To promote a positive and supportive working environment equally for all members of the team.
- Knowledge of HMRC requirements and keeping up to date with customs warehouse (bond) legislation.
- To deal with despatch and receipt operations of: duty suspended and duty paid stock and hazardous goods.
- To deal with stock operations (adjustments, stock movements, releases).
- To follow the SOP's and update when necessary.
The below will be seen as beneficial:
- Knowledge of HMRC regulations regarding bonded operations.
- Experience in storage and carriage of dangerous goods.
The culture within the group is "to make things happen" from both customers' requirements, through to supporting the development of all staff.
The salary for this role is £23k-£28k, dependent on experience plus benefits.
For immediate consideration, send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.