Barker Ross Health & Social Care are recruiting for experienced Support Workers to provide high quality support to adults with Learning Difficulties in North London. Our new client have a large amount of daycentre and residential services primarily for clients with learning and physical disabilities. Buckinghamshire, including Aylesbury, High Wycombe and Chesham. Candidates are required to enable clients to
Locum Support Workers - Learning Difficulties, Islington, £10-12 per hour
Part time and full time work available!
Duties will include:
- Carrying out support plans, 1-1 support
- Providing person-centred support that takes into account the social and emotional well-being of clients as well as their physical needs
- Enabling clients to engage in and feel a part of their communities
- Working proactively with external agencies
- Promoting independent living skills such as personal hygiene, cooking, cleaning and finance
- Prompting or support with personal care
- At least 3-6 months paid experience in a care or support environment with learning disabilities or complex needs
- A genuine interest and commitment to working with vulnerable adults and to providing the highest standards of care and support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to display initiative, a proactive attitude and work effectively in a team
- Manual handling and hoist training would be beneficial
- Flexible with regards to shifts
- Working for an agency that genuinely cares about you as an individual, listens to your feedback and searches for work based on your experience and requirements
- Competitive rates of pay, including enhancements for anti-social working hours
- Flexible shift patterns
- On-going training and development
If you feel you meet these requirements, please apply with an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call the office on 020 3137 5251 and speak to Colette Niles
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.