We are working with a U.K leading manufacturer on the look for exceptional candidates to expand their team!
This is a Monday - Friday role , with 2 shift patterns available:
AM Shift - 6AM to 3PM
PM Shift - 3PM to 11PM
The initial challange for succesful candidates will be to undergo training, candidates will be educated on all machinery in order to then succesfully install and commission a new line as part of an expansion!
The ideal candidate will be fluent and experienced in Engineering, Production, Continuous Improvement and Health and Safety - with qualifications to suit.
This is a fantastic opportunity with excellent room from growth and progression within a friendly 'family' environment
Heres what will be required:
Health & Safety:
* Demonstrate and promote proactive behaviours towards health and safety and report near misses and unsafe acts. Work within defined Safe Systems of Work and input into improvements of health and safety.
* Ensure that the line team completes all hygiene tasks whilst adhering to hygiene processes and standards set and ensure that GMP is maintained at 90+%, in line with BRC A grade.
* Proactively report any quality/food safety issues e.g. contamination, pest control etc.
* Manage process/quality parameters through normal running, changeovers and clean downs.
* Carry out all relevant pre-start, on-line and end of shift checks as defined in the training procedures for the department.
* Ensure all downtime is logged accurately and communicated
* Complete all defined Quality Assurance and Health and Safety checks both at start of production and at designated intervals (inclusive of all CCP checks & customer standards)
* To engage with the continuous improvement agenda, seek out new opportunities and take an active role in all activities
* Drive performance within the department through the whole team via the identifications of bottlenecks and opportunities to improve line efficiencies.
* Ensure the line is supplied with the appropriate materials at all times.
* Complete stock take every week covering works orders, purchase orders, bin counts & cycle counts and highlight a need for any more raw materials or packaging.
* Complete troubleshooting/root cause analysis on equipment failures/downtime/right first time issues to ensure long term fixes are put in place to avoid future occurrences.
* Minimise downtime due to changeovers to ensure production targets are consistently met.
* Reduce waste whilst ensuring legal compliance on product weights.
* Once trained, basic equipment condition monitoring, completion of some preventative maintenance duties and basic engineering repairs will be required.
* Identify any maintenance requirements for the line and communicate this to relevant teams.
All candidates will be subject to review before submission, If you do not here from us within 14 working days then please assume your application was not successful and your details will be removed from our system.
Get in touch !
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.