To effectively manage and develop people, plant, layout and systems, to achieve both effective and efficient quality production within defined sectors of the operations business.
Production Lines / Cells will be allocated to 2 sectors and will be continuously reviewed and open to move between sectors.
· To manage defined product assembly lines / sections, through equality of structured and agreed standards, as a management team of Production Line / Section managers within the operations business;
· Efficient organisation and utilisation of staff, including compliance with health and safety standards, skills flexibility, and commercial achievement of product quality, delivery and cost requirements. Measuring, reporting and managing key performance indicators;
· Develop and maintain build quality to achieve outstanding customer satisfaction standards. Maintain full understanding and compliance of ISO 9001 / ISO14001 standards, plus assist in developing and maintaining effective procedures;
· Maintain accurate records and transactions in all operations of the company's manufacturing system, including accurate stock transactions and cycle / stock checks;
· Maintain a high standard of maintenance and housekeeping throughout the production function and warehouse facilities;
· To support, implement and sustain continuous improvement through lean manufacturing techniques and philosophies throughout the complete production area, including single piece flow principles and removal of non-value added activities through each of the product / supply areas;
· People / culture development and training in alignment with new methods / practices being introduced. Encourage and facilitate improvements promoted from the employee teams;
· Ensuring company procedures are complied with, along with the thorough management of discipline, with an agreed comprehensive and structured methodology;
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the organisation's overall business objectives, this may include the training and mentoring of colleagues.
Qualifications & experience
· Qualification in Manufacturing Engineering / Management to HNC standard;
· 5 Years' experience in a senior position in manufacturing is essential;
· Computer literate in Microsoft Office and Manufacturing Software Systems.
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including a good level of presentation skills
(verbal & written), but focussed and summarised on a need to know basis where relevant;
· Maintain a professional direct and indirect approach with all members of the company.
Credibility at all levels within the operations business. Focussed on the management of sectors
within the operations business only;
· Excellent man management skills, including the ability to act as a coach to the team and
provide encouragement and support;
· Decision making based on overall business requirements and best practice. Able to work to
tight timescales and under pressure, whilst maintain a calm, prioritised and structured approach
to all tasks / issues;
· Self-motivated and task orientated.
The above role offers a competitive wage rate, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.