A fantastic opportunity is now available to join a leading and global supplier of bespoke food and pet food processing machinery. This family owned business has been established for 100 years and now employs over 300 staff at their manufacturing site where machines are produced from concept to completion all under one roof.
My client is now seeking to employ a permanent LARGE SCALE Cylindrical & Surface CNC Grinder
Please note it is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL that you have the following:-
- Experience working with LARGE SCALE surface and cylindrical grinders
- Must be Apprentice trained/Time Served Employee/completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship
- Have experience of working to tight deadlines
- Fully conversant with mills using Fanuc operating systems
- Able to interpret drawings and specifications
It will be beneficial to have Milling or Turning experience - but this is advantageous rather than essential
To manufacture, to our drawings, parts that are supplied to our Assembly Shop or direct to customers.
* Operate manual and CNC machines Grinding to a large scale - must have recent experience
* Self inspection of parts produced
* Work to defined schedules
* Work to planned times
* Maintain a safe and tidy environment in the work area, in line with Health & Safety policies and procedures
* Thorough methodical approach
* Attention to quality
* Able to work well within a team environment and to offer improvement ideas
* High degree of self motivation
* Flexibility to undertake other tasks in other areas
Hours of work: 37 hours/week.
Monday to Thursday 7.30 to 16.00 with 30 minute unpaid lunch break
Friday 7.30 -12.30. At times there may be night shift and weekend work.
Overtime for hours worked over 37/week is paid at time and half
Night shift paid at time and a third
Life Assurance: 3x annual salary
Holiday: 35 days holiday including 3 days between Christmas and New Year, and the normal 8 public holidays.
Company Healthcare Scheme
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.