I am currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to work for a large food ingredients manufacturer based in Goole. The role is paying £20,000 pro rata based on a 3-6 month contract.
You will be responsible for carrying out testing on a wide range of food ingredients to ensure compliance to a specified standard and set of parameters, along with the completing and issuing of relevant paperwork and certification for internal and external purposes.
- Laboratory testing for the food and cosmetic industries using both traditional chemistry techniques e.g. titration and analytical equipment
- Shelf life testing of raw materials and finished products
- Working with the QA team to ensure sampling schedules are maintained
- Generate and distribute Certificates of Analysis to customers
- Supporting the maintenance of the company's accreditation results
- Maintaining the upkeep of the laboratory, consumables and the equipment
- Mixing & controlling solutions for testing
- Any other duties required by the Quality Manager
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of laboratory principles, test methods (including wet and analytical chemistry) and reporting results
- Experience in a laboratory environment, preferably chemistry-based
- Has an understanding of a number of analytical techniques including Gas Chromatography, density, auto-titrators, and wet chemistry
- Must be able to identify priorities and co-ordinate their workload to ensure that all samples are tested and reported within agreed timescales
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.